Bush IT Consulting Group Meeting
June 1, 2005
10:00 - 11:00 AM
Location: Faculty Center
Pam Gades, Karen Johnson, Tom Johnson, Pam Solvie, Scott Esler, Molly Kloek, and Aaron Vasecka
Gades has compiled a list of project member's phone numbers and noted these numbers should be posted on the TEL website.
Gades showed and discussed the TEL web pages with members and said the pages will be put into the new template format. Gades said all these forms could be viewed at the TEL website. URL http://www.morris.umn.edu/TEL/
Discussion included the projects the students are currently working on. Additional projects suggested included:
- Set up a program for General Education Assessment (requested by Katherine Benson)
- Wigits (Tiger) for UMM Cal (requested by Engin Sungur)
- Faculty in Theatre would like help on creating an interacting program and burn CDs.
- Adam Parboosingh (Theatre) - would like to do a portfolio of his work. What program would work for interactive and cross-reference?
Solvie questioned the progress of the request she made of the consulting group, noting that she has not heard from the group. Esler said the faculty will be notified with results, no need to contact the consulting group. Esler said he will ask Matt H. to do an update, and contact Pam S. with the results.
Solvie questioned if money was available from the grant to purchase tools/software. Reviewed the grant, does not appear to be money written into the grant for this. Need to check on this with Sungur.
Gades reminded members of the e-mail address that was distributed at the IT Projects meeting on May 19 th .
June Event- Panel discussion on Diverse Learning
Karen Johnson distributed a document to the members entitled: Developing a Framework for Distance Education (Helen Mongan-Rallis). Karen said that Helen will be teaching summer courses June 9-11, June 16-17, and July 6-10; and is available to present to the Consulting group. Karen noted the LaFave House is available on June 10, 3:30-6:00 PM , July 6, 3:30 PM-6:00 PM , and July 8, 3:30 - 6:00 PM . Esler said the consulting group will send out an e-mail to project participants to determine the best date to schedule the panel discussion at the LaFave House. Members discussed taping the event, enabling it to be used as a future resource. Johnson will ask Helen to meet with the IT Consulting Group on June 10, 3:30 PM at the Faculty Center to discuss the workshop July 6 (contingent on faculty participation). A title for the workshop will be determined at this time.
- Pam Gades said she is available if faculty is interested in learning PowerPoint or Breeze, students would not need to take the time to learn this if they are busy with other projects.
- Discussed setting up sub-workgroups - this can be done using on-line discussion.
- Mogul, discussion boards, portal, web-crossing
- IT Core Group, IT Consulting Group, and IT Project meeting notes will be uploaded on the TEL website.
Bush IT Consulting group will meet at 10:00 AM in the Faculty Center , Gades has sent the schedule to all members.