Bush IT Consulting Group Meeting
June 22, 2005
10:00 - 11:30 AM
Location: Faculty Center
Pam Gades, Karen Johnson, Pam Solvie, Greg Thorson, Scott Esler, Matt Harren andAaron Vasecka
||Tom Johnson and Molly Kloek
- Event date is scheduled for July 7, 2:00-4:00 PM
- Prairie Lounge has been reserved for the event (1:00 - 7:00 PM)
- Event announcement has been sent out to project participants; 3 responses received to date
- Follow-up reminder was e-mailed yesterday, June 21
- Discussed how consultants can make their areas of expertise known to project participants. Consultants will write a brief description to highlight their area of expertise. Esler will send this information to participants.
- Reflection logs are due at the end of next week
- Reflection logs are posted on the web
- Esler will send out an e-mail reminder of the Reflection log due date; also suggested to send out the reminder again one day before it is due.
- Discussed if the Reflection Log should be password (X500) protected on the web. All agreed yes - Vasecka will password protect the Reflection Log site.
Members discussed the Roundtable/panel discussion event scheduled for July 7. The event will be scheduled 2:00 - 4:00 PM in the Prairie Lounge. Discussion included:
- Consensus to use Breeze Live, but have technology in the background.
- Grad students will be located in a different room
- Set up room for the presentation
- Taping breakout sessions. (Some will be taped, others will take notes )
- Breakout sessions will remain in the same room
- Tom Johnson, Pam Solvie, and Molly will each do a 10-minute presentation on 3-4 models. (Brief description of models and issues of use of the models. Visuals will be used (PowerPoint, graphics) for each of the models and the presentation will be archived.
- It was suggested that each consulting group member take one breakout group
- Pederson will contact Student Activities to reserve the Prairie Lounge beginning at 8:00 AM, July 7 - allowing time to set up the equipment for the afternoon event. (the room has been reserved from 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM) Esler will reserve the needed equipment.
- Topics identified for the workshop portion of the session:
1. Current course presentation
2. Possible changes to address other learning styles
3. Technology tools to make this possible
The program schedule was discussed; Pam Solvie will circulate a draft of the program before it is sent out on Monday and questions for the groups. Members agreed to meet July 7 at 1:30 PM (1/2 hour before event) for final preparation.
Adjourned at 11:12 AM.