Bush Grant Meeting
February 16, 2005
Engin Sungur, Karen Johnson, Katherine Benson, Pam Gades, Paul Myers, Scott Esler,Linda Pederson
Engin reported that the project profiles were e-mail and sent as hard copy to all participants. Permission granted by participants to post on WebCT.
Pam said the portfolio is not a solution, and discussed with the committee Share Point. SharePoint is available, and a private site for the IT group and project participants can be set up. Training will be necessary for participants. Discussion included:
- Who would have access to SharePoint? Log-in access can be given to the people who need it.
- SharePoint - document library for each project, can be set up site for view by IT Core Group and project participants.
- Carol Carrier will need access to the projects - Pam said a long-in can be set up - Carol can give this info to the people that must have access
- Students should receive training for SharePoint to help project participants
- Can put a time-line calendar on SharePoint
- Minh Vo has identified Andrew Anderson to help with his project. Work will begin in May.
- Engin said he would talk with project participants and ask them to identify a student within the week, otherwise the IT core group will find students.
If project participants do not supply a name, an announcement will be put in the Weekly Bulletin, and on the Financial Aid Employment site.
Letter to Project Participants
Engin distributed copies of the letter that will be sent out to project participants for discussion. Engin will e-mail this letter to each participant and ask for his or her response.
- Should announce who received the grant and project title
- Provide links to on-line sources
- It was suggested that a sub-committee or the Consulting group could write a description of the projects for the web - how it relates to diverse learning.
Next week agenda items
- Need to decide on Consulting group
- SharePoint training - will be notified of the time