Bush IT Core Group Meeting
August 3, 2005
9:00 AM - 9:20 AM
Location: Faculty Center
Engin Sungur, Scott Esler and Paul Myers
The students' contracts for the Bush IT Consulting group will be ending soon. Esler said the last day of work for Matt and Molly is August 15; last day of work for Aaron is August 22. Esler reported the students have completed many projects; a list has been made of completed and uncompleted projects. Esler said by mid-week a preliminary report will be done; a draft report will be sent to Sungur.
- Eleven faculty are working on eight projects and seven are near completion. He said two faculty members are working on own projects; but are sending updates to the students. Esler said two projects may not get help from them (as their contracts are ending in the next few weeks), but items have been ordered for the projects.
Academic Year 2005-06 Discussion
- Discussed Science 3625 - should it be kept for next year? It was suggested to keep the room if possible. Esler said because the computers were borrowed for the summer, the will be removed from the room within the next three weeks. Esler said they would make images on CD of everything on the computers, allowing easy upload to another computer.
- Student availability for next year? Esler noted that both Molly Kloek and Matt Harren have another job on campus.
- Sungur asked Scott Esler if he would be interested in being part of the Consultant group next year - Esler replied he would be interested in being part of the meeting group.
- Esler said the consulting group would need to pick up the slack after the students are done this summer, i.e. sending e-mails to faculty. Sungur agreed to send e-mails.
- Sungur asked Esler if he had names of students for the Consulting Group if he was unavailable next year. Esler recommended Molly Kloek.
- Discussed Bush IT consulting group membership for next year. Agreed to ask the new Director of GenEd to replace Karen Johnson.
- Discussed format to follow next year and the selection of a topic. Assessment was suggested as a possible topic, but more discussion at next weeks' meeting.
- Will have a discussion next week with Computer Service and the new GenEd Director about using Science 3625 with the Bush IT Consulting Group.
- Sungur requested that students fill out the Reflection log. Esler said he would ask the students to fill out the Reflection Log after the Reflection paper is completed.
- Support is available for travel next year.
- Fall Faculty Retreat 2006 will be a technology topic, support in part by the Bush Grant.