Bush IT Core Group Meeting
August 17, 2005
9:00 - 9:50 AM
Location: Faculty Center
Engin Sungur, Paul Myers, Scott Esler, Linda Pederson
||Pam Gades, Katherine Benson
Projects Update (Esler)
- English project is completed. Two faculty have been trained, one training to do. This project will reach a minimum of 100 students this year.
- Project with Thorson has not progressed.
- Project for Pam Solvie - Students have spent 100 hours on this project during the summer.
- Foreign Language project - the students' part of the projects was a success - project is progressing well. Min Zhou met with Media services - they will do the video copying for her.
- Physics Projects - discussed with the students what to do; but they did work.
- Eleana Machkasova and Nic McPhee - much completed during the summer.
- Math Project - met with the students, but did not need additional help.
- English Web page is completed.
Esler reported they have received several reflection logs. IT Consulting Team students will also complete a reflection log.
Esler will e-mail Sungur and Pederson the completed progress report.
2005-2006 Bush Grant Activity
Science Room 3625
- Discussed possibility of keeping the room during the Academic School year. Sungur will discuss with Computing Services the possibility of shared student support and the use of the PC computer.
Membership of IT Core Group
- Need replacement for Scott Esler (student support) and Karen Johnson (staff support). Discussed possible candidates. Sungur will contact Molly Kloek and Matt Conner about serving as a member of the IT Consulting Group
Discussed the proposals for 2005-06, (as noted)
- Will follow the same schedule for proposals next year.
- Will stress how much work is required during the summer.
- Will support 5 proposals - each project will receive the full amount
- Get new faculty involved
- Esler noted that the English project would continue; Solvie and Berberi projects will span and use will continue.
- Assessment and Evaluation Tool is almost done, but need to have a call from Benson today in order to complete it.
- Next year's topic will be "Assessment and Evaluation."
Meeting adjourned at 9:50 AM.