Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Monday, January 23, 2006
1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
Location: Faculty Center , East Annex
Engin Sungur, Pam Gades, Karen Cusey, Roger Boleman, Paul Myers, and Pam Solvie
||Katherine Benson and Molly Kloek
Pam Solvie and Molly Kloek will attend the conference in March. The Bush IT Grant will cover the cost of lodging, registration and airline tickets for each; estimated at approximately $1500 per person.
Bush IT Statement of Interest
Members discussed the Statement of Interests received and amount of funding available. A member noted the proposals fall in three categories:
- Continuation of this year's project
- Request for equipment
- New proposal for learning styles
Members agreed to allow the continuation of projects. The Bush Grant provides funding for a Faculty Stipend, not the purchase of equipment. Applicants requesting equipment will be notified that the grant does not support equipment purchase. Members discussed possibly funding all project proposals received; additional project information will be requested. Discussion included:
- Funding available - Current year (5 projects, $2000 per project), $2000 carry over from last year.
- More information needed on two project proposals concerning equipment. The grant does not support equipment purchase. Must ask the project applicant if the equipment is currently in place, and how the project will be implemented
- How project will fit into the course, request pedagogical information.
- Suggested informal meetings to gather information with applicants requesting equipment. (Roger/Dave)
- Project participants should know what the expectations are such as: 1) Specific dates, 2) Reflection logs, 3) Workshop attendance
- Additional funding may be available for project through TEL Grant; Sungur said he would help with application process. Deadline for applying is February 16.
- Equipment may be purchased through Tech Fee, proposals deadline in March
Engin asked that each IT Core group member respond to him with their concerns/questions for each of the project proposals prior to next Monday's meeting. Responses will be compiled and sent back to the IT Core group members and then Sungur will talk with each project participant personally.
Members agreed to submit their responses for each project proposal regarding:
- What questions or concerns do you have regarding this proposal?
- What further information do you think is needed?
Need to set up Consulting Group for this year based on the needs for the approved projects.
Sungur suggested applying as a group (Faculty Center/Computing Services/Media Services) to TEL Grant for our continuing Breeze Live Conference Series, Spring semester. Sungur will write a proposal to TEL to get support for meetings in March and April. Suggested PowerPoint presentations, podcast, training materials, etc.
Members discussed the meeting time and date. Pederson noted a schedule conflict with one member and suggested an alternate day and time. Members decided to continue the meetings at 1:00 PM on Mondays; Sungur will relay information to Kloek following the meetings.
The Bush IT Core Group will meet on Monday, January 30 at 1:00 PM in the Faculty Center .
Meeting adjourned at 2:15 PM.