Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Monday, January 30, 2006
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Location: Faculty Center, East Annex
Engin Sungur, Pam Gades, Karen Cusey and Katherine Benson
Paul Myers, Roger Boleman and Molly Kloek
Bush IT Project Proposals 2006-07
Pederson distributed copies of project evaluation (compiled comments from committee members) for discussion. Discussion included:
- Sungur suggested that we fund all projects if possible
- Gades stated that she has major concerns with a couple of projects and opposed funding them at all. Others from the Core Group also commented in writing regarding the proposals that were requesting equipment - grant does not support purchase of equipment.
- Some projects are closely related, discussed combining projects because of similarity. Resources shared by participants.
- Project funding. Engin wants to fund all of them. There was opposition to this unless we can solicit more information and get clarification on the proposals we are concerned with.
- Most projects are missing Course Integration Component and also have not addressed learning styles
- Cusey suggested that faculty be made aware of their time commitment for attending training, meetings, and that they will be asked to present on their projects
- Set dates for events, should know who is available - would like to have a couple projects at each presentation
- Sungur will discuss with each of the project applicants the concerns of the committee, funding of project, and emphasize the grant does not fund equipment. Gades asked that Engin not discuss with the applicants the amount of each award at this time and that he should ask for additional information. Concern was raised that we are making decisions with only two members of the Core Group present. (Benson arrived late in the meeting after these discussions took place.)
Upcoming task - set up consulting group. Benson was asked if she would want to participate in the Personal Response Systems project, should we combine two proposals concerning this technology and add Benson and possibly Nancy Carpenter who has expressed interest in this technology. Benson could serve on the IT Core and also be a project participant. She is considering whether she would be on the Consulting Group and mentor/assist the faculty on these projects.
The Bush IT Core group planned to meet on Monday, February 6 at 1:00 PM in the Faculty Center (Editorial Note: This meeting did not take place and was postponed). The agenda will include project proposal funding and Sungur's report following his meetings with the project applicants.
Meeting adjourned at 2:30 PM.