Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Engin Sungur, Pam Solvie, Roger Boleman, Karen Cusey, Paul Myers, Pam Gades and Molly Kloek
The meeting began at 11:00 AM in the Faculty Center . Sungur distributed the proposed agenda for today's meeting.
Bush IT Core Group Meeting 2/15/06
Members approved the Bush IT Core Minutes dated 2/15/06.
Project Proposals - Year 2
- Award letters mailed to the eight project participants.
Five projects funded at $2000
- Three projects funded at $500
Sungur distributed a copy detailing each project for review and discussion. Sungur said each document includes the project evaluation comments from the IT Core group, and this document asking for project detailing or modification will be sent to each project participant this week.
Additional funding $4500
Sungur said additional funding and its use will be discussed at the next meeting. Suggestions:
- Travel or additional projects?
- Money for tools to assess Learning Styles formally. Need good tools to report findings, not generic tools.
- Additional Consultants
IccIT, Inter-campus Communications on Innovative Teaching
Sungur said this must be set up according to grant requirement. We will work on it.
- Sungur reported the students are working on Croquet and PodCasting
- Need to know the student office hours for scheduling purposes.
Projects for Year 2
Copies distributed for review and discussion. Sungur said the list is not complete and asked members to review and detail each. It was suggested to also ask the Bush IT students to research teaching tools to improve the list. Sungur said this information would aid in creating the IT Tools, training and help required for each project. The group discussed making the document available for members to update the list, suggestions included:
- post on WebCT Vista or SharePoint
- post on TEL website
- e-mail as a word document, following a distribution list path
- Set up UMM Wikki for group. Molly will talk with Matt to set up a site for us on the UMWiki site.
- suggested dividing the projects between the members for efficiency - not having everyone work on every project
Gades noted the TEL Website needs updating.
- Student names/office hours
- Archive Year one
The Bush IT Group will meet on Wednesday, March 1 at 11:00 AM in Behm39 (now changed to Science 2530) for a UMWiki demonstration by Gades. Agenda will include:
- Project details
- Design IccIT Conference in April (Sungur/Gades will send a note to Linda - TC)