Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
11:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
Location: Faculty Center, East Annex
Engin Sungur, Paul Myers, Pam Gades, Katherine Benson, Pam Solvie, Molly Kloek, Karen Cusey, Roger Boelman
Sungur distributed the proposed agenda to members.
IccIT April 4 th event
Location changed to University Room
- Lunch will include pizza, salad, beverage, dessert
- Funding from Faculty Center, Computing Service, Media Services
- Event planned for 40
- Discussed faculty for the consulting group, one student still to be hired
- Must organize Consulting group activities
- Matt to show Molly and Brady what he has done and what he is working on.
Podcast Test Server
- Matt demonstrated the Podcast test server to members
- Instructions for using the Podcast test server included in handout distributed at the meeting today.
- Software is running on server and MAC Computer
- It was questioned who would be in charge of the podcasting server and if it would be housed in computing services?
- X500 password protected
- Good idea to have formal and informal training
- Issues of information release
- TAFS/Bush Events for podcasting
- Need to develop standards, policies and guidelines for campus.
- Podcasting would take support staff, release form, and agreement by faculty.
- Get permission from presenter, we now have the tools to podcast
- Restrictions can be set up, but it is difficult to limit distribution
- Art and Cultural events may pose an issue for Podcasting. Copywrite work (i.e. plays) may not have permission to podcast.
- Need a group to look at security, UMM policy on podcasting.
- As server provider, policy can be set up on content of podcasting
SWOT Analysis of the UMM Support System
Sungur discussed the SWOT analysis tool with the committee, noting it would serve as one of the objects of the grant (assessment/evaluation of grant progress). The IT Group was asked to complete as much of the form as possible by the next meeting.