Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
11:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
Location: Faculty Center, East Annex
Engin Sungur, Roger Boleman, Karen Cusey, Pam Gades, Molly Kloek and Katherine Benson
||Pam Solvie and Paul Myers
The meeting began at 11:05 A.M.
Bush IT Consulting Group
Sungur said the Bush IT Consulting group should plan to meet soon, and suggested after this first meeting to begin planning an event for project participants to meet the faculty, staff, and students of the Bush IT Consulting Group. Members discussed planning an event such as the event held May 05 at the LaFave House.
Fall Faculty Retreat (Design/Organization/Content)
Sungur discussed the Fall Faculty Retreat and design of the Retreat. Sungur said the FDC will set up a committee to organize the retreat at the next FDC on May 2, but asked for IT representation because the retreat has a component on technology. Gades, Cusey, Boleman, and Sungur agreed to represent the IT Group. Discussion included format and issues including:
- Technology support
- Time management/time issues
- Awareness of what is available
- Instruction technology tools
Suggestions for parallel sessions:
- Teaching/Research Issue
- Technology Learning & Using – Count toward tenure
- Recognition – Technology Learning as a component
Sungur said it is important to set up as interactive sessions; keep presentations short to allow time for discussion.
- Project members, Bush IT Consulting Group will receive half of pay beginning of June, other half at the end of summer (August).
- IT Core – receive funds through travel
- Sungur said $2000 is available for an additional project; a member suggested a sub-group to develop a sample course.
Members discussed creating an efficient, effective, responsive faculty support system on IT (SWOT). Discussion included strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Pederson distributed Benson's completed SWOT analysis form to the members.
Meeting adjourned at 12:04 PM.