Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
11:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
Location: Faculty Center, East Annex
Engin Sungur, Katherine Benson, Karen Cusey, Pam Gades, Paul Myers, Pam Solvie and Molly Kloek
- Meeting will be set up soon
- Students are hired, Linda to complete contracts. Students are Molly Kloek, Brady Alsaker, Matt Helgeson and Trent Wold. Molly, Brady, Trent will be paid from the Bush Grant, Matt from the TELS GenEd grant)
- IT Core Group will receive pay at beginning of summer
- IT Project Participants and IT Consulting Group will receive ½ pay at beginning of summer, ½ pay at end of summer. IT project participants receiving a smaller amount will receive full pay at beginning of summer.
- Pay for staff in IT Consulting Group can request funds for travel (Karen Cusey, Pam Gades); (grant funds can't be transferred to a department‘s budget.)
- Staff (IT Core Group) will receive pay through travel from the Bush grant.
Fall Faculty Retreat
Sungur asked for suggestion for designing the Innovative Teaching component for the Fall Faculty Retreat. Cusey, Boleman, Gades, and Sungur agreed at the last meeting to be part of the committee; Sungur said the FDC is meeting May 2, and will appoint additional faculty to plan the retreat. Some suggestions follow:
- Develop prototype that incorporates all tools and have ready for FFR
- Session title based on course to demonstrate tools (Wikki/Blogs)
- Course to set up demonstration site using alternatives to WebCT
- Demonstrate all tools (moodle, Sakai ,Croquet, clickers, etc)
- Tools – models from existing courses, not from only one class
- Tools available, discuss prototype and details
- Interdisciplinary Course (pull tools from other courses)
- A member reported Greg Thorson said he is interested is presenting at the Fall Retreat (T-Wikki/clickers).
Sungur said IT Core Group should complete an application for Bush Grant. (Interdisciplinary prototype to use at Fall Retreat.
Bush IT Social Event – May 3, 2006
The Bush IT Social Event is scheduled for Wednesday, May 3 at the LaFave House, 5:30-7:00 PM. Members of the Bush IT Core Group, Consulting Group, and project participants will be invited. Participants will enjoy wine, cheese and other refreshments.
It was suggested to cover at orientation (one-page informational)
- Summer schedule
- Outline of last year
- Goals or projects that need to be completed
- Reflection logs
- Assessment (should be discussed at beginning of project)
Meeting to be scheduled with all Bush Grant (06-07) participants, Monday, May 15 or Tuesday, May 16. Linda will request available times from participants, may possibly schedule it over noon hour as brown bag lunch.