Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Wednesday, April 5, 2006
11:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
Location: Faculty Center, East Annex
Katherine Benson, Engin Sungur, Pam Solvie, Roger Boleman, Pam Gades
||Paul Myers, Molly Kloek
IccIT Bush Event, April 4, 2006.
Issues discussed concerning the event included:
- Topics Technical problems (small problems affects all)
- TC campus handles Breeze group quite well, other campuses need same type of support
- Collaboration efforts
- Alternative learning techniques
- Need tech support at all sites
Other discussion included:
- a set of instructions from Digital Media Center (what to do and what not to do) BreezeLive/Power Point presentations.
- It would be helpful to have Lance from TC come to UMM to show us how to run a BreezeLive meeting.
- Design of room, informal setting
- Multi-tasking/interactive environment
- Support collaborative group work, design 4 to 5 groups with computer for each group. Good to have computer to type questions, better interaction.
- Suggested to use 3 screens – one each for person, PowerPoint, and comments
- Ask for follow-up – blog for further questions or comments.
- Participants should be informed how they can contact the speaker – good to continue the conversation
- Problems encountered need to be addressed, corrected
- Related with state of technology at U – images should be smooth, sound should not go bad
- Network infrastructure problem
Bush IT Consulting Group members:
Members of the Bush IT Consulting group will include Pam Gades, Karen Cusey, Michele Page, Nic McPhee, Kristin Lamberty, Pam Gades, Molly Kloek, Brady Alsaker, and one additional student (yet to be hired). Sungur said a meeting should be arranged with the Consulting group.
Fall Faculty Retreat 2006
- Parallel sessions, one session will include technology
- Discussed other sessions,
- syllabi (what to include),
- engage students with technology
- same format as last year, all speakers from UMM
- Partial funding from Bush Grant for Fall Retreat, free to Bush Grant participants.