BUSH IT CONSULTING GROUP MEETING
July 12 , 2007
||Brady Alsaker, Roger Boleman, Karen Cusey, Andy Geyer, Pam Gades, Kristin Lamberty, Matt Marggraf, Nic McPhee, Austin Quade, Pam Solvie
Discussed each projects separately:
Ted has had some contact with Andy, but he has been on vacation for a while. He will be coming back soon and will start videotaping. He has to film the videos and edit them. He will also need help with Netfiles. Andy and/or Austin can help him with this. Andy will create a basic tutorial for Netfiles to be uploaded to the TEL site.
Dennis is basically done with his project. He has videotaped all his lectures, they have been edited, and he has created Powerpoints and put them online. He still needs to talk about Breeze. Also, it was discussed that there could be potential problems with the slides and the audio/video files: it could, potentially, be confusing for students on when to move to the next slide.
She has created a Moodle course, and the TEL Office has uploaded all primary documents she has sent to be copied thus far. She could be sending more documents at the end of the month. Nic said he would email her a link to a website with scanned WWII images (that are free to use), and Pam said she would email her about updated reflection logs.
Pam S.'s Project
Has met and been in contact with Nic about many things. Nic has provided much direction on things related to Wikis, Moodle, etc, and the TEL office has provided research support on things such as webstatistics, Inspiration, etc. TEL Office will be meeting with Pam to go over the online simulator building software out of the twin cities campus.
There is a resource about Moodle from O'Reilly on www.moodle.org
Karen, Pam G, and Katherine's Project
- Will be moving course to Moodle from their Wiki (“Innovative Teaching, Morris”)
- Has had feedback from UMD throughout the entire process thus far. Discussed how to make course participants sign a consent form before viewing the course (Pam S said she would help with IRB approval). Michelle Page will be helping them with developing syllabi. Will be in touch with the TEL Office about assistance.
Faculty Center purchased 80 clickers and 2 hubs. Kristin said she would tell Paul to come try these out. Otherwise, he has not had much contact with any of the consultants.
Met with team three weeks ago. He will not be doing anything until fall semester. He will need to look into copyright issues. Discussed issues related to video-taping lectures during his regular class times. Roger will contact him about looking into Breeze and to discuss the various issues related to videotaping his lectures.
Much work is being done on Engin's site (trudging through code, etc). Austin will talk to Engin to see what his priority is for reorganizing each course.
Discussed the assistance needed from the TEL Office
Karen, Pam G, and Katherine project and Pam S project will have some things for the TEL Office soon.
Discussed reflection log changes for July. Need to incorporate how each project is fulfilling the grant specifically (addressing multiple learning styles, content delivery, etc). Also, need to ask for comments on workshop held in June and need direction for future workshops. TEL Office updated July reflections with these changes.
Next consulting group meeting is set for August 9, from 2 to 3:30 in the Faculty Center .