Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
3:30 - 5:00 PM
Location: Faculty Center , East Annex
||Paul Myers, Pam Gades, Pam Solvie, and Engin Sungur
||Karen Cusey, Roger Boleman, Brady Alsaker and Katherine Benson
The meeting began at 3:30 PM in the Faculty Center .
Breeze Live Meeting, November 7
Pederson distributed the Breeze Live Meeting schedule for review and discussion.
- Location: Cougar Room
- Lunch: 12:00 - 12:45 PM. Lunch will consist of pizza, garden salad, and assortment of bars, ice water, and coffee. Pederson asked if Computing Services and Media Services had funds available to support the lunch. Gades will check with Loewi, Pederson will contact Boleman.
- Presentations: 12:45 - 1:45 PM. Each presentation is scheduled for 10 minutes; Gades will create a PowerPoint indicating time remaining for each presentation.
- Pederson will send registration deadline reminder on Thursday, October 26, 2006
- Gades suggested the trial run for the Breeze Meeting be set-up for 10:00 AM on November 7.
Focus for the Grant 2006-07
- Members discussed what type of advertising for the last round of the grant, or if we should use the same model as last year. A member asked if the outside evaluator report would be available to look at, noting that some had voiced concerns regarding the application process.
- Focus for next round of grant is "Content Delivery"
- A suggestion was made to create a list of examples on Content Delivery; a member noted examples were discussed at an earlier meeting.
- Gades said samples can be viewed at the Digital Media Center (DMC) Site, Teaching with Technology Resources
- Pam Solvie shared that project participants thought that encouraging faculty to pursue MAPs the fall following their Bush Grant work would support further research on the projects begun in the summer as part of the Bush Grant.
Sungur will prepare an application example for the next round of projects and include information on the MAP proposal suggestion. He asked members to bring interesting samples of Content Delivery to the next meeting.
Members discussed the Interwrite SchoolPad and Interwrite PRS systems. Pam Solvie expressed interest in the Interwrite SchoolPad and will contact Nancy Carpenter about use of the tool.
Sungur said sometime in February we will have a Croquet presentation at UMM.
Bush IT Core Minutes 10/11/06
Pederson distributed the Bush IT Core Minutes for review. Motion (Solvie/Gades) to approve the minutes.