Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Location: Faculty Center , East Annex
||Roger Boleman, Katherine Benson, Pam Solvie, Engin Sungur and Brady Alsaker
||Paul Myers, Karen Cusey, Pam Gades
The meeting began at 3:30 PM.
Bush IT Core Minutes10/25/06
Pederson distributed the Bush IT Core Minutes for review; unanimously approved.
Sungur reviewed the timeline for the 3 rd year of the Bush Grant and the Statement of Interest. The Statement of Interest will include the following revisions.
- The focus of this project for this grant round is Content Delivery.
- Some of the Expectations from grant participants in addition to their project work
- Participation in all relevant workshops and training activities
- Completion of project assessment and evaluation instruments
- Dissemination of project results
With the noted changes to the Statement of Interest, members approved the following timeline for the next round of the grant.
December 18, 2006
- Mail the call for Statement of Interest by hard copy, e-mail, and posted on the website.
January 16, 2007
- Statement of Interest Deadline
January 16-24, 2007
- The IT Core Group will meet and evaluate the Statement of Interest submitted
January 24, 2007
- Decision for second stage
January 24-February 14, 2007
- Detailing of projects, IT Core Group Members will interview each applicant
February 21, 2007
- Selection of projects
- Projects selected will determine the Consulting Group members
February 22, 2007
- Mailing of the "Got the Grant" letters to project participants
February 28, 2007
- First get together for the participants
Sungur said we have money to support five projects, but hopes to receive additional money to support 2-3 additional projects.
Brady Alsaker will replace Molly Kloek as the student manager. Alsaker said at this time he has found no students for the summer, Boleman suggested a student to contact for summer work. Members discussed how to achieve a constant flow of work for the student consultants during the summer. Suggestions included:
- On-line Calendar. Project participants sign up with students
- IT Core Group meet time to time with students
- Students should check in with project participant - go to the participant office
Sungur shared information (on behalf of Karen Cusey) about the Instructional Technology Meeting.
- Sungur said grant participants should be encouraged to apply for MAP and TEL Small Grants
- We need to prepare templates - examples of how to use tools for 'Content Delivery'
- Encourage participation at the Academic Distinguished Teachers Conference in TC (April 2007), Sungur said the Keynote is 'Concept Maps'.
- Start to work on proposal for Bush Grant (January 2008)
- Apply for NSF Grant as well as Bush Grant
Meeting adjourned at 4:20 PM.