Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
10:00 - 11:00 AM
Location: Faculty Center , East Annex
Paul Myers, Engin Sungur, Karen Cusey, Brady Alsaker, Roger Boleman, Pam Gades and Katherine Benson
Teaching and Learning Conference
The committee discussed the conference invitation and call for proposals for the Teaching and Learning Conference, April 23 in the McNamara Alumni Center , Twin Cities Campus. Faculty are invited to submit a proposal for a presentation, roundtable discussion, workshop, or poster session on any topic, which relates to ways in which teachers enhance students' learning through research and practice. Sungur said it is important to encourage presentations by Bush grant participants at the Teaching and Learning Conference in April. After discussion, suggestions included:
- Ask Pam Solvie and/or Tammy Berberi to make an individual presentation.
- Create posters for all projects. The poster will showcase each project and will provide information about the involvement of the Bush IT Core Group and Bush IT Consulting Group with each project.
Members discussed the information needed for the proposal
- Abstract (up to 75 words) - this will be used for conference program
- Program description (up to 300 words) - session goals, how participants will be involved relative to session format, and description of any materials you plan to provide.
Sungur will prepare the proposal/abstract, and will send (via e-mail) to the Bush IT Core Group members for input. Sungur will talk with Pam Solvie and Tammy Berberi about making a presentation at the Conference; followed with an e-mail. Sungur said for participation in the Conference, that the Bush Grant would cover expenses.
Bush Statement of Interest
Pederson distributed The Statement of Interests received. Sungur noted more money is available, and hoping for additional project proposals. Members discussed other possible project, members will personally contact faculty and encourage them to apply for the grant opportunity.
IccIT Meeting - April
Members discussed the IccIT meeting in April. Gades noted the Technology Showcase is scheduled for April 3 (3:00-7:00 PM) at the LaFave House. Sungur will check if the IccIT Event could be scheduled for Tuesday, March 27. Other discussion included:
- Identify people to present
- Pre-tape presenter, but have presenter available to answer questions day of event
- Additional laptops (shared amongst 2-3 at each table)
- Offer coupon for free cappuccino if faculty bring their own laptop
Members agreed to schedule the Bush IT Core Group meetings on Wednesday, at 10:00 AM; the next meeting is scheduled for January 24 at 10:00 AM in the Faculty Center . Meetings will be scheduled as needed, but members should keep this time slot available.