Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
10:00 - 11:00 AM
Location: Faculty Center , East Annex
Present: Paul Myers, Pam Gades, Engin Sungur, Brady Alsaker, Roger Boleman, Karen Cusey
Absent: Katherine Benson, Pam Solvie
Discussed Thursday Afternoon Faculty Seminars Podcasts
- Roger will be finishing the new podcasts to put on the site
Teaching & Learning Conference
- Sungur indicated that Pam Solvie (concept maps) and Tammy Berberi (disabilities) have submitted their proposals
Posters for Projects
1. Core Group approved poster session and roundtable discussion
2. Title will remain "A Model to Enhance Student Learning by Addressing Diverse Learning Styes/Preferences"
3. To bring the abstract section down to 75 words, take out "In this presentation"
a. "Communicate various innovative…" should be first, and the first can be second
b. Sungur will add detail and examples to this section
5. Discussed format of posters – electronic, powerpoint, SmartBoard, etc; approved one-to-one discussion
6. Discussed the possibility of creating a Breeze presentation so that conference attendees can log on afterwards and submit comments
7. Take out "Internet Connection" under AV Needs
8. Pam Gades will be the contact name
Ideas for the posters (visual aids, concrete examples, etc)?
Sungur will update the form and send it out to the Core Group for comments. Gades will submit the form.
Bush Grant Statement of Interests
- Would like more information from Dennis Stewart about assistance during the summer, his overall proposal, etc
Will discuss Statement of Interests received & IccIT Event at the next IT Core Group Meeting
Bush IT Core Group Minutes dated January 17, 2007 approved.