Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Wednesday, February 23, 2007
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Location: Faculty Center, East Annex
Present: Engin Sungur, Katherine Benson, Roger Boleman, Paul Myers, Brady Alsaker, and Pam Gades (via phone).
Absent: Karen Cusey, Pam Solvie
The committee discussed an alternative meeting time due to a member’s conflict with the Wednesday meeting time. Times available for members (present at today’s meeting) are Monday1:00-2:00 PM or 2:00 – 3:00 PM; Pederson will send an e-mail to members to determine meeting time.
Bush Foundation Grant Survey
Sungur reminded members to complete the Bush Foundation Grant survey e-mailed earlier this week to them.
Bush IT Project Evaluation
Pederson distributed copies of the eight project evaluations; these documents contained the compiled comments/suggestions from the Core Group. Discussion included:
- All projects should have a resource/reference list. Participants should supply the reference/resource list, but agreed the consulting group can help develop the list.
- Members discussed taping lectures. It was suggested to separate the lectures by topics; allowing easier indexing. It was noted that individuals could determine lecture content; but Boleman said he did not know how labor intensive content indexing is.
- It was suggested to develop a form (similar to the lecture plan form) for faculty to fill out before recording their lecture; this would allow easier indexing. Boleman and Gades agreed to develop this form and bring back to the committee. Gades noted that there are prepared forms on the web that we can use to help us craft our own form.
Sungur noted we have additional money form TC, but need to develop a project. Members discussed a proposal showing examples of horizontal/vertical indexing. Comments included:
- Develop a pilot project; a suggestion was to build it into the Prototype Course or use with projects we already have or those that have been proposed. This should be done before summer, showing examples on how vertical/horizontal indexing works.
- Ask faculty to do a 15 minute lecture that incorporates these components.
Discussion will continue at a future meeting.
The project evaluation form (with compiled comments/suggestions) will be e-mailed to each Bush IT project participant, asking for more detailing of their project. The e-mail is to request participants to detail their project and return by March 2; and that this information will help in determining the consulting group.
Gades will send information on audience response systems to members.
Meeting adjourned at 11:00 AM.