Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Location: Faculty Center, East Annex
Present: Katherine Benson, Roger Boleman, Karen Cusey, Pam Gades, Engin Sungur
Absent: Brady Alsaker, Paul Myers, Pam Solvie
- We have received additional funds from TC – he said (after clarifying the needs) we will decide how the money is spent
- Sungur said that we would not have the BreezeLive Event in April as originally planned. He said the TC (IccIT Conference, April 23) is organizing a social event on Sunday evening, April 22 for the grant participants from TC, Crookston, Duluth, and UMM. Sungur noted the IccIT received 75 proposals, but unfortunately, only 1/3 can make the presentations. He said there would be equal representation from all campuses, and we will hear soon; noting this clearly indicates a need for these types of conferences.
- The BreezeLive Event would be scheduled Fall 2007 - (possible date - Tuesday, Nov. 6)
SQ3R Study Method
Benson distributed the SQ3R Study Method Handout; will make revisions and send to Pederson to copy and distribute to the committee.
Bush IT Projects
- The committee discussed the Got-the-Grant letter, and made revisions to indicate the amount for each project, and the expectations of recipients (to participate in grant assessment, training, and dissemination activities. The letters will be prepared and mailed this week.
Evaluation of Projects
- ITCore Group (assigned specific text color) asked to evaluate each project and send to Pederson asap. Pederson will compile comments for each project and send to project participant for project detailing.
Bush Projects – Kick Off Event
Members discussed dates for the Project Planning Meeting and Kick-off events. Pederson will contact the LaFave House to reserve the dates. Suggested dates:
- Tuesday, May 1, 5:00 -7:00 PM (Project Planning Meeting)
- Thursday, April 26, 2007, 5:00 – 7:00 PM (Kick-off Event) (Date change – April 25) Note from Linda – Thursday, April 26 is the Recognition Banquet – with the approval of Engin, I have reserved the LaFave House for Wednesday, April 25
There will be no meeting next week, February 14.