Bush IT Core Group Meeting
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
3:30 - 4:30 PM
Location: Faculty Center , East Annex
Pam Gades, Molly Kloek, Pam Solvie, Katherine Benson, Karen Cusey, Engin Sungur, Roger Boleman and Linda Pederson
Report from Innovative Teaching Group (Molly Kloek)
Pederson distributed The Technology Enhanced Learning Office Activity Summary (Summer 2006) report to committee members. Discussion of the report followed, comments included:
- Students were not used to the full potential; more work was needed for the students.
- The students sent e-mails requesting work from the project participants, heard from some, but others did not. A member questioned if the e-mails were personalized, Molly replied a few were personalized, but most were general e-mails requesting work
- Discussed students working with other faculty (outside the Bush Grant) for additional work
- Desk-side coaching
- Engin will talk with Dave Loewi and Judy Kuechle about hiring a MSAF student to provide assistance to extend the Bush projects during the fall
- Each project had team leaders
- Other activities students were involved with included: FCLT website, robots, clicker demos
Karen Cusey requested a portion of her Consulting Group stipend to cover travel expenses to attend Educational Innovations & Technology class sessions in Duluth (Sept. 22-24) and also in January 2007. Cusey will complete and submit a travel expense form. Members approved Cusey's request for travel funds.
- Discussed the Fall Retreat. A member suggested funding for the technical equipment used at the retreat for Media Services.
- Karen Cusey and Pam Gades will receive funds for their Bush Project
- Sungur/Pederson will review the budget to determine amount of travel funds available for project participants
- Discussed scheduling IccIT Breeze meeting in November, Engin will prepare a brief outline for the next meeting
- Sungur asked the IT Core Group to write a list of things needed to become a Public Honors College
- Type of clickers should be decided as a campus, not by a Division. More discussion needed.
- Robert Holloway will visit UMM on October 17 for the external review
- Discussed Focus Group scheduling - schedule will be set up as last year's schedule. Members agreed to invite 2004-05, 2005-06 Bush Grant participants to meet with Holloway
The Bush IT Core Group will meet September 27, 3:30-4:30 PM at the LaFave House. Agenda items will include:
- Summary of Activities (Bush IT Consulting Group)
- Bush Grant Theme for this year - Focus for proposal (Content Delivery)
- External Visit (Robert Holloway)
- IccIT Breeze Meeting
Some suggestions if the grant focus is on Content Delivery .
- Flash to communication
- Develop modules for courses being taught
- Develop interactive modules
- Put samples of Content Delivery on TEL Website