Public liberal arts
A University of Minnesota campus, Morris is a unique higher education institution. No need to choose between the personalized educational experience of a small campus and the resources of a large top 10 public research university. At Morris, you get both.
As an intentionally small, residential, liberal arts university, the University of Minnesota, Morris:
- offers a personalized education for every student;
- unites an eclectic mix of faculty, staff, and students generating a one-of-a-kind synergy inspiring open-mindedness, involvement, discovery, creativity, and determination;
- nurtures enthusiastic students seeking challenges in the classroom and engagement in the community;
- supports dedicated faculty who teach, advise, mentor, and challenge students—then guide them through those challenges;
- maintains academic resources that nurture and support successful college experiences;
- creates opportunities in and out of the classroom for student growth in critical thinking, creativity, confidence, leadership ability, teamwork capability, communication skills, and community involvement;
- celebrates diversity in its many forms;
- fosters meaningful, lifelong relationships developed in classrooms, in residential halls, and throughout the campus;
- prepares graduates for lifelong learning, for careers, for advanced degrees, for flexibility in the career world of the future, and for citizenship in a global community.
As a public university, the University of Minnesota, Morris:
- commits to making the liberal arts experience accessible and attainable;
- subscribes to the value of public education for all citizens;
- shares scholarship, research, and artistic endeavors with and beyond the campus community;
- promises accountability to the people it serves.