The Morris symbol tells the campus story. The symbol elements convey campus characteristics.
- The symbol's formal workmark element reflects the Morris campus's relationship to the world-renowned University of Minnesota, its 150-year history, its land-grant commission, and its commitment to academic excellence.
- The symbol's monogram M stands for Morris and for Minnesota. The M is constructed of graceful lines that arc outward, conveying the openness and expressiveness of the Morris campus.
- Uncontained and unconstrained, the M is centered within three overlapping circles. The two lower circles form the infinity sign, illustrating a sense of limitlessness and perpetual motion reflecting Morris's renewable and sustainable education.
- The maroon and gold colors represent Morris's relationship to the University. The green color represents Morris's relationship to its rural setting and its commitment to sustainable energy and green living.
- The three shapes remember the three institutions that have made their home on the Morris campus: An American Indian boarding school from 1887 until 1909; the University of Minnesota West Central School of Agriculture from 1910 until 1963; and the University of Minnesota, Morris, which opened its doors in 1960. Also, Morris was the third campus founded in the University of Minnesota system.