To be eligible for admission students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be female of Native American descent
- Have a U.S. Passport
- Be a Geology major with geological coursework (for example; Physical Geology, Historical Geology, Mineralogy and Petrology)
- Be willing to interact and work with other individuals interested in the sciences
- Be willing to commit time and energy to an active research program and to present the results of these efforts at a professional meeting
- Be able to work in a rural, undeveloped, international setting
Rolling admissions begin March 1, 2013 until program is full.
Mail a copy of your college transcript and two letters of support to:Professor James Cotter
Geology Discipline, REU
University of Minnesota, Morris
Morris, MN 56267
For more information, contact:Professor James Cotter
Phone: 320-589-6312 or 320-589-6300 (to leave a message)
REU is funded by the National Science Foundation and the University of Minnesota, Morris. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and educator.