"People ask me all the time whether pursuing a science degree at a liberal arts institution is 'enough science.' Yes! An undergraduate student just can't beat the breadth of education across many areas combined with just the right amount of focus in your major...and more breadth to explore several aspects of that field. That's biology at a liberal arts institution like Morris."
—Timna Wyckoff, associate professor of biology
Biology at Morris features...
- Rigorous five-course core
- Specialty electives including biochemistry, biopsychology, ecology, evolution, genetics, freshwater biology, neurobiology, vertebrate biology, and many more
- Skills courses (library research, scientific writing, oral presentation). This aspect of the Morris biology program makes our graduates particularly attractive to employers.
- Every pre-med student is advised by our pre-med committee.
- Morris is one of the few undergraduate campuses to provide a human cadaver for anatomy courses.
- Exceptional undergraduate research opportunities