University of Minnesota Morris
Take a Virtual Campus Tour Schedule a Visit Request Info

Prospective Elementary Education Students

Practicing Teacher

What is the process if I am a practicing teacher and looking to expand my license?

If you are interested in adding a kindergarten, pre-primary, or middle level endorsement area to your license, please send your transcripts to Carol Cook, elementary education coordinator for review. You may need to take additional content area courses. The State of Minnesota will require you to take the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Examinations (MTLE) content exam in that field for pre-primary or middle level endorsements. You also need to contact the Office of Admissions regarding special or expedited University admission.