University of Minnesota, Morris statistics majors learn the theory and methods of statistics through courses and other scholarly activity. Morris students develop an effective operational knowledge of the theory and methods of statistics and the application of statistical methods in a liberal arts environment.
What makes statistics at Morris unique?
- Morris is the only small, liberal arts college in Minnesotaâ€”and one of only few across the countryâ€”that offers a statistics major;
- The statistics professors at Morris:
- offer different specialties such as biostatistics, theory of statistics, and applied statistics;
- are experiencedâ€”all have Ph.Ds;
- get to know their students, which allows for rational discourse and an enhanced learning experience; and
- most serve as their studentsâ€™ faculty adviser.
- A diverse range of topic offerings well prepares Morris graduates for graduate school and the work force.