The statistics program at Morris:
- seeks to enhance students’ critical thinking in making judgments based on data;
- provides students with the basic knowledge and skills to make contributions to modern society;
- develops studentsâ€™ communication skills so they are able to collaborate effectively with people in other fields and understand the substance of these fields;
- provides exceptional undergraduate research opportunities;
- provides curriculum that prepares students to enter graduate school or pursue careers in statistical fields at research institutions and industry.
While studying a variety of courses in statistics, Morris students will also communicate and collaborate with students in other areas of study. As students prepare for graduate school and careers in research and industry, they will learn skills that can be applied to issues in the areas of the environment, medicine, law, technology, finance, business, public policy, computing, and science in general.