The drawing program is for students seeking a focused course of study in the two dimensional discipline of drawing. Introductory courses introduce varied techniques and provide a foundation for exploration. Upper level work focuses on development of concept and personal direction.
- Students work with a variety of media, studying basic color theory, materials and techniques;
- The range of sources and materials provided lead to an expanded definition of drawing;
- Attention is given to understanding current issues in drawing as well as traditional and contemporary approaches;
- Advanced students develop a personal creative direction.
- an introductory course for non-majors or beginning drawers;
- basic studio courses emphasizing line, form, and spatial representation;
- 'Drawing from Life' courses focusing on basic and individualized approaches to the human form;
- advanced courses offering increased opportunities for experimentation, self-direction, and the development of skills.