Summer Term at Morris provides an excellent opportunity for students to:
- accelerate degree completion;
- meet general education requirements (GER);
- make up lost credits; and,
- live in Morris for the summer!
Morris’s qualified and enthusiastic faculty offer an exciting challenge through a variety of courses!
Please be aware that Summer Term courses require the same rigor and work effort per credit as any course offered during the fall and spring semesters but in a condensed format. This means that courses will require more effort per credit per week. For example, a 4-credit course offered during the condensed 3-week May Session requires a commitment and workload comparable to a 20-credit course load during the regular semesters.
Registration is easy and begins March 23, 2016!
Summer Term 2016 Dates
- May Session: Monday, May 16–Friday, June 3
- Summer Session I: Monday, May 23–Friday, June 24
- Summer Session II: Monday, June 27–Friday, July 29
- Summer Session I through Summer Session II: Monday, May 23-Friday, July 29
May Session is a special three-week session designed to provide opportunities for faculty and students to participate in unique courses and other learning experiences in a short, concentrated timeframe. Summer Sessions I and II provide opportunities for students to complete courses in a five-week period. Some courses are offered in a 10 week timeframe.
Some courses are in the traditional classroom format, while others are offered online. Online Learning courses offer the same quality education available in the classroom through web-based college instruction, including small classes and one-on-one interaction with faculty in an interactive virtual classroom environment.
- Study Abroad opportunities are also available