Peer tutoring is available for a number of Morris courses.
Drop-In Study Room
Drop-In study rooms provide collaborative spaces to work with peers on daily work and test preparation. Tutors are available to assist students on a question-by-question basis, but students are strongly encouraged to partner with classmates. Tutor/tutee interactions are generally brief and intermittent.
Chemistry Drop-In Study RoomScience 3005 (Chemistry Lounge)
- Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday 8pm-10pm
- Monday, Wednesday, 8pm-10pm
Mathematics & Physics Drop-In Study RoomBriggs 260
Monday–Thursday: 7–10 p.m.
- MATH 1101, MATH 1102, MATH 2101, MATH 2202, STAT 1601, 2611, STAT 4671
- Sunday 7pm- 9pm
- Sunday & Wednesday 8pm-10pm
- Monday & Thursday 7pm-9pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8pm-10pm
- Wednesday 7pm-9pm
- Tuesday 7pm-9pm
Peer tutors are available to work with students in one-on-one and small group sessions. A number of 1000- and 2000- level courses are supported by the tutor program. Walk-in visits are welcome during listed hours, but scheduled appointments are recommended.
- CHEM 1101, CHEM 1102, GEOL 2101, GEOL 2111
- Monday 4pm-5pm, Wednesday 3pm-5pm
- ECON 1111, ECON 1112, MATH 1601
- Monday 8pm-9pm, Thursday 2pm-4pm
- STAT 1601, MATH 1101, MATH 1102, MATH 2111, ECON 1111, ECON 1112, ECON 3202, SPAN 2002
- Tuesday 8pm-10pm, Wednesday 10am-12pm (for Econ), Wednesday 9:30am-1130am (for Math, Spanish, Statistics)
- BIOL 3121, BIOL 2111, BIOL 1111, CHEM 2304, CHEM 2301, CHEM 1101, CHEM 1102
- Tuesday 1pm-3pm, Friday 2pm-3pm
- Tuesday 12pm-1pm, Wednesday 10am-11am
- Biology, Math, Physics
- Monday 6pm-8pm, Thursday 12pm-2pm
- Tuesday 5pm-7pm, Thursday 4pm-5pm
Looking for assistance in a discipline/course that isn’t listed? Please complete a Tutor Request Form. The Office of Academic Success will make every effort to connect you with a tutor and/or other academic support resources.
Looking for assistance with writing? The Writing Center offers students the opportunity to meet with a consultant (either a fellow student or an English instructor) about their writing. They can work with students on specific papers/assignments and on writing in general.