The top 5 things to consider when planning a major in Philosophy
- Take Introduction to Philosophy and Introduction to Ethics in your first year.
- Take Phil 2101 Logic as early as possible; it is a course that gives you the tools to succeed in philosophy and other majors.
- You can take this major in combination with many other majors;
- What you learn in philosophy classes, e.g., to write and discuss clearly and effectively, will help you succeed in many other majors;
- Consult with a philosophy faculty regarding which electives you should take based on your interests and goals.