Send your nominations for the UMM Distinguished Alumni Awards.
UMM alumni have made noteworthy contributions in their professional lives, in public service, or in service to the University, thus reflecting favorably upon UMM. The UMM Alumni Association board of directors established annual awards to honor those alumni who have distinguished themselves. The alumni board appreciates you taking a few moments to consider those who might be deserving of these awards. Your nominations and suggestions are important to celebrate the accomplishments of the UMM community.
Nominees must be UMM alumni and may be nominated by anyone. A selection committee comprised of UMM alumni will make a recommendation to the UMM Alumni Association Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will name the recipients. The Distinguished Alumni Awards will be announced during Student Honors and Awards Day in May. Presentation will occur at Homecoming at a banquet honoring the recipients. Honorees will be invited to visit and speak to classes in the discipline of their major or a related discipline, if appropriate. Each will receive an engraved plaque.
Those making nominations must:
- Complete the nomination form (see below),
- Include a resume or curriculum vitae,
- Include 3 letters of recommendation.
A record of recipients, including a photo of each, will be kept in the Office of Alumni Relations. A person who is not selected may be nominated again in subsequent years.
Recipient Selection Criteria: Persons seeking to nominate alumni for this award should describe for the selection committee how the nominee meets one or more of the following criteria:
- How has the nominee demonstrated exemplary service to UMM?
- How has the nominee distinguished himself/herself by making significant contributions to his/her profession over a long period of time, thus reflecting favorably on UMM?
- How has the nominee distinguished himself/herself by making significant contributions to their community or to public service over a long period of time thus reflecting favorably on UMM?
- How has the nominee distinguished himself/herself by making significant contributions to humanitarian efforts over a long period of time thus reflecting favorably on UMM?
The nomination process is as follows:
Call for nominations—December 1
Deadline for receipt of nominations—March 31
Nominations forwarded to selection committee—April 1
Recommendations of selection committee to UMMAA Board before April Meeting
Letter to Honorees and to Nominators—May 1
600 E 4th St
University of Minnesota, Morris
Morris, MN 56267