Commission on Women Meeting
Present- Tammy Faux (Coordinator), Clare Strand, Michelle Page, Colleen Frey
1. Discussion of Spring Luncheon – Colleen Frey and Miriam Panton have been working to plan the Spring Luncheon. They proposed a theme of “Building Community” with a speaker – Audrey Arner (Land Stewardship Project and an expert on community building). The following points were discussed:
· $300 + mileage for the speaker
· Have the speaker do a presentation on a Tues. and have a luncheon discussion the following Thursday
· Have a CW member at each table to moderate discussion and record ideas about how CW could help build community at UMM
· Give people a number or color when they come for lunch, indicating which table they should sit at – the purpose being to help people have conversations with people they may not know as well as those they walked in with
· Invites should indicate that the luncheon will include discussion of community building and that people will be randomly placed at tables
· Perhaps have a facilitated discussion following the speaker (maybe ask Walter Fisher to do this?)
· Hope to videotape the speaker
· Find ways to get input and include women from all over campus
· Tammy will talk to Chancellor Schuman and Sarah Mattson about support for this event and ideas on how to get more attendance.
· For next time – bring ideas on invitations
2. Need to replace one or two members. Carol Ford (staff) has resigned due to a heavy workload this semester and Jen Zych (P&A, nonteaching) may have to resign due to conflicts with her work schedule. We will discuss replacing these valuable board members at our next meeting.
3. Next meeting – Monday Jan. 26th, , Student Activities Office Conference Room