Commission on Women Meeting
Present- Tammy Faux (Coordinator), Miriam Panton, Christy Dent, LeAnne Dean, Clare
Absent- Tammy Berberi, Colleen Frey
Meeting began at
- Grant request from Women’s Studies:
Discussion of using excess money from carry over budget to support Women’s Studies to purchase seven films that will be housed in the library. It will be a total of $1000.
- Grant request from Sarah Buchanan:
Request for $400 to support Sarah and a student going to a
- Discussion of reducing yearly budget:
Although CW was spared budget cuts this year; a voluntary reduction is seen as a goodwill gesture towards the campus. Discussion of cuts of 3%, 5%, or 8%; decision to reduce budget permanently by 4.4%, $400, from SE & E.
- Next step in hiring coordinators for next year:
Discussion of ideas in finding new coordinator: call for applications, new nominations, possibly starting in CW. Discussion of faculty-staff co-chairs. CW board nominated faculty members. Tammy F. will talk to these people by March 29th and report back to the board.
- “Talking 9-5” lecture/workshop opportunity:
CW will promote it, moved to May 10th. [Note – this has been moved to fall]
- Discussion: few women are full professors
- CW will let Chancellor Schuman know that the agenda for the March 29 th has changed, and ask if he still wants to come to the meeting.
Meeting adjourned at