University of Minnesota, Morris
April 10, 2006
Members Present: Tim Lindberg, Bryan Herrmann, Sharon VanEps, Dan Moore,
Lowell Rasmussen, Sara Haugen, Tim Soderberg, Andy Lopez,
Pareena Lawrence, LeAnn Dean
Guests: Sam Schuman, Pam Solvie
Andy Lopez said he received a notice that a celebration of the work of the Strategic Positioning Task Force is being planned for May 10.
At the next CRPC meeting on Wednesday, April 19, Lopez said the agenda will include approving minutes and discussing the Compact. He urged members to read the Compact document before the meeting.
He also noted the announcement that Chancellor Schuman sent out about the renaming of Indy Hall to David Johnson Residence Hall.
Beautiful U Day – April 20
Lowell Rasmussen reported that the following grants have been awarded:
- Morris Physical Plant department will plant vines on the outfield fence, perennials, and a screen of spruce trees around the WomenÕs Varsity Softball Field. (Work to be done this spring.)
- American Chemical Society Chemistry Club plans to paint a mural on a stairwell in the new science building on the Morris campus. (In coordination with Science Division.)
- Morris Campus Student Association will transform the area behind the Science Building into a prairie walking area for people to enjoy. (Includes historic bench near existing sidewalk.)
- Education Minnesota Student Program plans to bring more wildlife to campus by building birdhouses and feeders and distributing them around campus. (In coordination with Grounds/Science Division.)
- Morris Episcopal Campus Ministry will construct a classic seven ring labyrinth on a site that is accessible and near the Morris central campus. (Campus Ministry preference is for a site by the north parking lot or horse barn path. Path will be pavers with marker and historic bench.)
Rasmussen distributed a diagram of the labyrinth and a map the potential locations on campus. He suggested that committee members walk the potential sites and send their suggestions to him by the end of this week.