Article II, Section 3.C.3 of UMM Bylaws:
IPC is an active committee that oversees international activity on campus while shaping UMM's policies on study abroad. It promotes campuswide international awareness through sponsoring programs (speakers, films, international events), offering faculty grants to internationalize the curriculum, and screening applicants for study abroad scholarships.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
The International Programs Committee develops and coordinates international programs and activities on the Morris campus. It provides a liaison between this campus and the Office of International Programs on the Twin Cities campus.
Grant Application Forms
The International Programs Committee disburses grant funds in four separate pots:
- Study abroad scholarships
- International Curriculum Development Grants
- Extra-curricular international programming grants
2010–11 International Programs Committee Members
The International Programs Committee consists of eleven members, including five faculty members, four students (including at least one foreign student and the Study Abroad Advising Service coordinator or assistant coordinator), one USA (United Staff Association) representative and the Director of International Programs who serves ex officio and without vote.
- Tim Soderberg, chair (Science & Math)
- Chlene Anderson (Online Learning)
- Pilar Eble (xo, International Student Program)
- Irene Maloney (Career Services)
- Ed Brands (Social Science)
- Sarah Buchanan (Humanities)
- Viktor Berberi (Humanities)
- Sarah Ashkar (ACE/Study Abroad Advisor)
- Yuyan Chen (Student)
- Cameron Cook (Student)
- Haley Van Cleve (Student)
- Kaitlin Weisshappel (Student)
E-mail Tim Soderberg with general questions or comments about the International Programs Committee.