- Roland Guyotte, chair
- Jennifer Rothchold
- Steve Gross
- Merc Chasman
- Jess Larson
Senate Committee on Educational Policy
- Tisha Turk
- Chad Bragelmann
- Hilda Ladner
- Laddie Arnold
- Megan Jacobson
- Marcy Prince
- Clare Dingley, registrar
- Leslie Meek, dean’s designee
- Judy Korn, Scholastic Committee executive staff
- Brenda Boever
The Scholastic Committee consists of fifteen members, including:
- six faculty members
- one the UMM representative to the Senate Committee on Educational Policy
- four students
- one USA staff member
- two P&A members (one from the athletic staff)
- and two ex officio, non voting members
- the VCAA/dean or his/her designee
- the registrar
The Scholastic Committee develops, reviews, and recommends policies affecting the quality of education. It is concerned with such matters as admissions, academic progress, academic advising, student academic honesty, scholarship, and graduation. It has the power to grant exceptions to academic regulations when the spirit of such regulations has been satisfied. The committee admits students and evaluates transfer credit in accordance with standards established by the campus assembly.
The Scholastic Committee:
- monitors and grants exceptions to a broad range of academic regulations including those governing admissions, grading, academic progress, transfer, and degree requirements.
- operating within its charge, recommends to the Assembly admission standards, changes in the grading system, regulations and procedures governing registration, academic progress requirements, transfer policy, standards for awarding credit by examination, and changes in the advising system.
- establishes procedures for exemption from degree requirements.
- while the Office of Admissions makes admissions decisions, consults on the annual admission plan, monitors compliance with policies, and reviews results.
- monitors the academic progress requirements
- through the Office of the Registrar, verifies that all degree requirements have been met.
- through the Student Scholastic Standing Committee, enforces academic progress policy and acts on appeals of suspension and on readmission after suspension.
The transfer evaluation coordinator, for the Scholastic Committee, awards transfer credit consistent with college and all-University transfer policy.
—from the UMM Constitution and By-Laws