- Barbara Burke, vice chair
- Margaret Kuchenreuther
- Jennifer Goodnough
- Janet Ericksen, FCC Representative
- Allison Wolfe
- Jayce Koester
- Jenna Ray
- Jennifer Zych Herrmann, chair
- Jacqueline Johnson, chancellor
- Dave Swenson
- Carrie Grussing
The Steering Committee consists of nine voting members and one non-voting member.
- Seven of the voting members shall be elected by the Campus Assembly
- Three faculty members
- One P&A staff
- Two students
- One USA staff
- The chair and vice chair are members of this elected group.
- The other two voting members are the chancellor and the Morris campus representative to the all-University Faculty Consultative Committee.
- The non-voting member is the parliamentarian of the Campus Assembly. The chancellor shall arrange secretarial support for the committee.
Committee members shall be elected at a spring semester assembly meeting. Only members of Campus Assembly are eligible to be on the Steering Committee. The vice chair shall be elected first for a term of one year and then serve as chair for the next year. The other members shall be elected next, terms being one year for students and two years on a staggered basis for others. There are no restrictions on reelection. Vacancies shall be filled by special election.
The Steering Committee has the following responsibilities:
- To prepare agendas and schedule meetings of the assembly;
- To request and receive reports and recommendations for action by the assembly;
- To develop, with the assistance of the chancellor, an annual agenda for the Campus Assembly and its committees;
- To advise the administration on issues that do not fall under the purview of any assembly committee;
- To apprise appropriate committees or the assembly of any matter the Steering Committee considers appropriate;
- To schedule a meeting of the chairs of all assembly committees at least once per semester in order to promote communication and coordination among the committees. The first such meeting each academic year shall include a discussion of how committees function and interact with the Campus Assembly as well as how to be an effective committee chair;
- To monitor the functioning of the Campus Assembly and its committees and to recommend needed changes in structure; In particular, the Steering Committee shall periodically evaluate the productivity and necessity of each standing committee and consider whether its responsibilities are appropriately delineated;
- To carry out other functions assigned to it by the assembly.
—from the UMM Constitution and By-Laws