The Office of Community Engagement has a thorough assessment process, as follows:
- Completion of the project planning worksheet. This provides us with clarity about the scope and goals of the project, a schedule, etc.;
- Pre-service trainings are led by student or faculty leader, community partner, or Office of Community Engagement staff ;
- During and after the project, reflection activities are led by student or faculty leader, community partner, or Office of Community Engagement staff ;
- For long-term projects, the leaders of the project (from the community and the campus) meet for a mid-project reflective discussion, and make changes, if necessary, to the project planning worksheet;
- After the project is completed, surveys are completed by the community partner(s), the student(s), and the faculty/staff liaisons ;
- The Office of Community Engagement creates an assessment overview after reviewing all the documents completed before and during the project and the post-project surveys ;
- A post-project meeting is planned, and leaders on the project discuss the assessment overview and plan next steps ;
- The assessment overview is revised after that meeting to encompass any additional insights or comments, and each leader of the project receives a copy of the assessment overview ;
- A project planning form is completed for the project’s next step…and so on.
For assessment surveys and results, please contact the Office of Community Engagement directly.