So, you want to get involved in the community? There are a myriad of opportunities in the region for University of Minnesota, Morris individual student, athletic teams, residence hall floors, and student organizations. We can help you find the opportunity that works best for you! Here are just a few examples:
- Volunteer for a couple hours a week to help with retail sales at a non-profit agency, like the Pomme De Terre Food Co-op, the Stevens Community Medical Center gift shop, or the Prairie Renaissance Cultural Alliance.
- Work with your student organization, athletic team, or residence hall floor to plan a fundraiser or collection drive for an organization in need of resources, or to organize a Bingo game at West Wind Village or Grandview Apartments.
- Assist with special service projects, usually on Saturdays, at the Morris Wetlands Management District.
- Help organize one of the annual events sponsored by the Office of Community Engagement.
There are multiple ways for you to learn about which opportunities are best for you, your organization, team, or residence hall floor:
- Contact the Office of Community Engagement to sign up for the volunteer listserv and to learn about volunteer opportunities as they arise.
- Complete the Student Volunteer Interest Form »
- Visit the Office of Community Engagement, located on the second floor of the Welcome Center, for a consultation.
- Individual students can sign up for a service-learning course, and get involved in a project that will also help you learn course material in a class for your major, minor, or a general education requirement or elective.
- Student organizations can invite us to speak at one of your meetings. Contact the Office of Community Engagement, with a request, and we’ll send a student or staff member to discuss opportunities with your organization.
- Athletic teams can invite us to speak at a practice or team meeting. Contact the Office of Community Engagement with a request, and we’ll send a student or staff member to discuss opportunities with your team.