Under this model, students create a product for a community agency or its consumers, clients, or staff. Here are some examples:
- Co-curricular service: A student volunteers to create a brochure for the Morris Senior Center.
- Service-learning: A communications, media and rhetoric class produces a series of videos about historic figures in Stevens County for a display at the Stevens County Historical Society .
- Internship: A computer science major creates several databases for the Land Stewardship project and trains the staff to use them.>
- Engaged research: A faculty member in sociology provides Stevens County Human Services with an annotated bibliography of sources related to immigration services in rural communities. She uses this annotated bibliography as background research for a study she is conducting.
- Institutional engagement: University library cards are provided to community members free of charge..