Information for Moodle Discussion Forum
Return to Student Parent Support Page
- Moodle is an online course tool administered by the UMTC computing services.
The discussion forum is a Moodle course named "UMM_Students".The site is designed as a social site, with discussion forums,
databases and event calendar.
- Only enrolled students can access it,
so the information you will post there is visible only to other participants in the site.
- You can become an enrolled participant by following
You will be prompted for a key word. The keyword is
Only with the keyword will you be able to view the contents of the site.
You can unenroll at any time with one click.
- The site displays three columns.
The columns consist of boxes with various functions,
which are explained below.
- The Center Column is reserved for various discussion forums.
Forums can be started by anybody, and anybody can reply to any post.
- Right Column:
- Administration: You can edit your profile, un-enroll from the site,
and change your personal Moodle settings.
If editing your profile, you can in particular change settings regarding
whether you want to be updated by e-mail on new posts,
or whether a daily digest would be enough.
- Upcoming Events: The panel lists calendar events and allows you to
link to them. You can add events to the calendar, as well.
- Left Column:
- Calendar: the marked days are clickable.
- Participants: displays a list of currently enrolled persons.
- Activities: The forum link takes you to a list of all open discussions,
The database link gives you a list of all databases associated with the site.
- The database with student parents and kids is meant to
help you to connect and maybe match up the kids with potential play mates.
It may be worth taking a moment and adding an entry for yourself there.
- If you have any difficulties, suggestions for improvements,
problems and issues with the site, please drop me an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.