The Friends of LaFave House enhance and support LaFave House by creating positive community relations and good will while helping raise awareness, enjoyment, and financial support of LaFave House.
LaFave House fulfills a unique role among the University of Minnesota, Morris campus buildings in that it serves as the campus “hospitality center.” The home-like atmosphere extends a warm welcome to friends of the University—students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors and community leaders as well as guests from around the world.
Although LaFave House was donated to the University of Minnesota, Morris, it is not wholly taxpayer supported. While the University of Minnesota, Morris does cover costs such as painting and other basic projects, additional private funding supports upkeep beyond basic maintenance as well as funding enhancements to the house and grounds. Private gifts help fund special undertakings and ensure LaFave House’s continuing role as a gracious social and entertainment center for the campus and community.
There are several ways to be a part of the continuing preservation and enhancement of LaFave House:
- Friend–annual individual gift of $50
- Associate–annual gift of $100
- Patron–annual gift of $250 or more
- Benefactor–lifetime contribution of $2,500 or more
- Make an in-kind gift of art or other furnishings
Friends of the LaFave House Advisory Committee
Selected from Friends of the LaFave House donors and appointed by the chancellor of the University of Minnesota, Morris, Advisory Committee leaders:
- Serve as community liaisons, promoting the use and support of LaFave House
- Offer advice on community relations, donor appreciation, and communication
- Assist with fundraising projects
- Recommend LaFave House enhancements and acquisitions of furnishings, artwork, and purchases funded by private giving
Advisory Committee member terms are for two years, with possible renewal. Occasional meetings will be scheduled.
Honorary members of the Advisory Committee will be asked to lend their names as LaFave House supporters. Responsibilities will not be assigned. Honorary members’ names will be listed on LaFave House letterhead and other public materials as demonstration of support for LaFave House.
For more information about LaFave House or the Friends of LaFave House organization, contact Maggie Larson, coordinator of special events and LaFave House manager at 320-589-6053.