In its 15-year history, the Center for Small Towns has been recognized by many organizations and received many prestigious awards. Here are just a few examples of CST's achievements and honors:
- Collaborated with more than 200 communities and leveraged more than $2 million to small Minnesota communities;
- More than 1,500 University of Minnesota, Morris students have been involved with CST projects, providing them with real life experience and hands-on training;
- Dozens of University of Minnesota, Morris faculty from across the disciplines have participated in CST outreach programs;
- Nearly $2 million leveraged to the University of Minnesota, Morris;
- The University of Minnesota, Morris Center for Small Towns and the City of Morris together won the Carter Partnership Award for Campus-Community Collaboration. The award was presented by Minnesota Campus Compact during ceremonies held October 30, 2006, at the St. Paul River Centre. Former astronaut and Senator John Glenn was the keynote speaker.