The Multicultural Mentorship Program (MMP) is an opportunity for second-year students of color to work with University of Minnesota, Morris faculty and/or staff on a year-long project and/or research endeavor. Benefits include:
- Exposure to an array of programs and services that will aid in developing practical academic skills, as well as a clearer sense of academic and professional interests
- The possibility of a long-term mentoring relationship with a Morris faculty and/or staff member
- Potential advancement to local and national undergraduate research presentations
- A stipend of $1,000 paid in two installments ($500 each semester)
To qualify, students must:
- have 24-60 credit hours completed by the end of spring 2014
- carry 12 credits or more throughout each semester during the 2014-2015 academic year
- have a strong desire and commitment to work with faculty and/or staff
These positions are competitive with 12 awards available each year.
For questions, or to check on openings for 2015-16, contact 320-589-6097.