The University of Minnesota, Morris must verify all students selected by the Central Processing System (CPS) in a process called ‘verification.’ The selection of a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for verification is accomplished primarily through a series of edit checks that are established by federal regulations to identify FAFSA applications with the greatest likelihood for error. Some selection by the CPS is random. Morris is required to verify all applications the CPS selects for verification.
- Verification Worksheet—Dependent V1
- Verification Worksheet—Independent V1
- Verification Worksheet—Child Support Paid V3
- Verification Worksheet—Custom V4
- Verification Worksheet—Dependent V5
- Verification Worksheet—Independent V5
- Verification Worksheet—Dependent V6
- Verification Worksheet—Independent V6
In addition to the verification process, you may be required to provide documentation to verify conflicting information or verify corrections you made to your processed FAFSA.
If the requested information for verification or conflicting information is not submitted by the tenth week of the term, you may lose financial aid eligibility.