Celebrating a Vital Partnership
The University of Minnesota Presidents Club, founded in 1963, recognizes the University’s most generous donors — individuals, families, and organizations — who have taken a leadership role in helping to foster excellence and the drive to discover. Presidents Club donors join a long tradition of giving that started in 1889 with a single gift of $150,000 from John Sargent Pillsbury — businessman, University regent, state senator, and governor. Through the decades, the generosity of Presidents Club members has built scores of needed buildings, provided thousands of students with scholarships, endowed hundreds of faculty chairs and professorships, and launched hundreds of research projects that have improved our lives.
The Presidents Club recognizes University-wide cumulative giving at the levels shown below, including pledges for gifts to be made within five years. Donors making bequests and other future gifts are also recognized as members of the Heritage Society.
Presidents Club Giving Levels:
- John Sargent Pillsbury Society
Lifetime gifts or pledges of $10,000,000 +
- Builders Society
Lifetime gifts or pledges of $1,000,000 +
- Regents Society
Lifetime gifts or pledges of $250,000 +
- Trustees Society
Lifetime gifts or pledges of $100,000 +
- Chancellors Society
Lifetime gifts or pledges of $25,000 +
- Heritage Society
Presidents Club Highlights
Presidents Club members are welcomed at an event hosted by the University president and leaders of the University community. Other recognition includes:
- A commemorative Presidents Club pin and certificate
- Opportunities to engage with University leaders as well as other benefactors who share a commitment to educating tomorrow’s leaders, conducting life-changing research, and improving the human condition
- Publications updating donors on the impact of private support on the achievements of students, faculty, researchers, and the wider community
- Recognition in the University of Minnesota’s Hall of Honor located on the Twin Cities campus
- A listing of names in the annual roster of Presidents Club members
If preferred, donors may decline public recognition.
For more information about the Presidents Club, please contact us.