What services do we provide?
The purpose of the Grants Development Office is to assist faculty and staff in securing and utilizing both external and internal resources for their research, teaching, public service and outreach. To fulfill our mission, we provide the following services and assistance:
- Funding source identification
- Proposal development
- Proposal submission
- Project administration
How do we help you?
- Conduct searches to help you find a funding source that is appropriate for your needs.
- Provide basic “boiler plate” information and examples to help describe UMM and its programs.
- Assist in editing and reviewing proposals.
- Assist in budget development.
- Ensure that all University and agency requirements are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all proposals reach the funding agency.
- Negotiate all contracts with the funding agency on behalf of the Regents of the University of Minnesota.
- Assist with and oversee the administering of funds that have been received.
- Ensure that University of Minnesota policies are followed in the grant application, submission, and administration processes.
What can you do?
- Visit our office
- Send us a brief description of your funding interests
- Let us know about opportunities of which you become aware through colleagues and/or professional meetings
Grants Advisory Group
The Grants Development Office receives campus input through its advisory group. Current members are:
- Steve Burks, Associate Professor of Economics
- Michelle Page, Associate Professor of Education
- Jessica Larson, Professor of Studio Art
- David Roberts, Professor of Math