When you take a MORRIS COOKS! Class, you don't just watch great cooks, you cook right along with them, and eat the great dishes you've prepared in class
Classes are held in the Morris Area High School Customer and Science Service Room 71 at 6–7:30 p.m. on the dates below:
- Sept 12: Easy Pickled and Fermented Vegetables. Instructed by Ashraf Ashkar and Youngsin Je
- Sept 19: Preserving Your Garden Bounty. Instructed by Dorothy Rosemeier
- Oct 3: Simple and Satisfying Soups. Instructed by Margaret Kuchenreuther
- Oct 10: Simple yet Delicious Mexican Food!. Instructed by Citlalli ObregĂłn and Molly Donavon
- Oct 24: Danish Home Cooking. Instructed by Carole and Dennis Johnson
If you are not already enticed, consider that *UMM students receive a 50% discount. You pay only $5 per class! *Space is limited to 16 people, so please register early!
How to Register:
- 1. Go to http://www.morris.k12.mn.us/page/2982
- 2.Click on the tab at top for Online class registration
- 3.Click View account and it will ask you to create an account (if you don't already have an account with Morris Community Education).Set up an account as a new user
- If you already have an account, click returning users.
- VERY IMPORTANT When creating your account,please go to the pull down menu at the top on the right hand side that says â€śCustomer Typeâ€ť and click UMM student. When you do this, Viola!Your 50% UMM student discount will be applied automatically at check out.
All classes are held on Thursdays from 6:00pmâ€”8:30pm inthe Morris Area High School Family and Consumer Science Room 71
Donâ€™t miss any of these upcoming Good Food Events this Fall!
- Aug 27: Campus Gardens Tour. Sign up with the Organic Garden Club at the Student Activities Fair.
- Aug 29: Welcome Picnic and Farmers Market. with food demos and sampling 3—6 pm in East Side Park
- Aug 31: Local Farm Tour. Sign up at the Info Desk in the Student Center FREE and includes lunch!
- Sept 12: Morris Cooks! series begins. Students pay only $5! Register at http://www.morris.k12.mn.us/page/2982
- Sept 24: Farmers Market. 1—5 pm on the campus mall followed by a Local Foods Feast in Dining Services
- Sept 30: Native American traditional Community Meal. 5—7 pm at Faith Lutheran Church. FREE of CHARGE!
- Mondays & Thursdays through September, 3pm—6 pm Morris Area Farmers Market East Side Park in downtown Morris. Stop by the Morris Healthy Eating booth for a FREE reusable market tote bag!