Morris Area Community Ed and Morris Healthy Eating are excited to launch another cooking series this spring 2013. MORRIS COOKS! is offering a brand new line-up of deliciously affordable cooking classes geared toward students and their busy lifestyles. Our cooking instructors include Morris chemistry professor Joe Alia cooking up locally grown foods using mouth-watering Thai flavors and cooking style, and Morris biology professor Margaret Kuchenreuther leading an inspired vegetarian cooking class using the bounty of locally available healthy foods in season to prepare meals that can be frozen for later use—nothing better than a taste of summer in the middle of winter!
The MORRIS COOKS! Classes are held in the Morris Area High School Customer and Science Service Room 71 at 6–7:30 p.m. on the dates below:
- Thursday, January 24: Palestinian/Middle East Cooking just like Mom’s. Instructed by Ashraf Ashkar
- Thursday, February 7: Korean Cooking. Instructed by Youngsin Je
- Thursday, February 21: Wholesome Bread Baking. Instructed by Audrey Lesmeister and Dorothy Rosemeier
- Saturday, March 9: Thai Cooking 2. Instructed by Joe Alia
- Thursday, March 21: Scandinavian Cooking with a Modern Twist. Instructed by Dennis and Carole Johnson
- Thursday, April 4: Flavors of India. Instructed by Margaret Kuchenreuther
Morris students receive a 50% discount.
Register at morriscommed.org. Space is limited to 16 people.