- Implement a broad, coordinated Morris Healthy Eating communications plan.
- Provide education for all ages on healthy choices.
- Provide visual messages at the Morris Campus Health Service and Stevens Community Medical Center on Morris Healthy Eating initiatives; facilitate patient referrals to increase access to high quality nutritious food.
- Adopt campus and community work place healthy eating policies and practices.
- Add fresh fruits and vegetables to Pomme de Terre Food Coop product offerings.
- Morris Healthy Eating Initiative leader Naomi Wente ’13 facilitates partnership with Pomme de Terre Foods Coop
- At Stevens Community Medical Center, serve more fruits and vegetables and create a food plan.
- Support Morris Area Schools farm-to-school program.
- Implement a campus dining wellness plan with key policy initiatives supporting healthy eating.
Physical Environment Changes
- Expand access to on-campus and community vegetable gardens.
- Increase farmers markets and invest in their future in the community and on campus.
- Host healthy food stands and feature “today’s healthy food choices” at Morris farmers markets, groceries and restaurants.
- Implement a campus dining wellness plan with key physical environment projects, including the food recommendations from the University of Minnesota, Morris’s new Campus Master Plan.